mercoledì 31 agosto 2016

REVIEW: Beguiled by Terri George

TITLE: Beguiled

AUTHOR: Terri George

SERIES: The Frost Trilogy #1

PUBLICATION: June 29th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

 MY RATING: 4 STARS






Some men are just too hard to resist, and Nick Frost is Irresistible: a Man with a capital MUH; a Man who knows what he wants and will stop at nothing to get it.



Mia James isn’t looking for a relationship much less a one-night stand and Nick’s efforts to ‘woo’ her only confirm her suspicion that he’s a Player of the highest order.



In Nick’s head it’s a done deal. Mia’s The One. But nothing is simple in life or love. He’s willing to hand Mia his heart, but will he let her into his head? Will he trust her with the secrets from his past?



Mia can fight it all she likes, but their attraction is off-the-charts, and there’s only so much temptation a girl can resist. The question is; can she trust and give herself completely to a man who keeps so much hidden?

I received the book from the author in exchange for an honest review
This is Terri George's debut novel and let me say she did a really great job.

The story has some fine quality: it's sexy, funny, intriguing with a hint of mistery.

The hero is Nick Frost, an Alpha man, a man with the capital Muh. He's rich, gorgeous, powerful, sexy, arrogant, a control freak. I can see the fascination, but at first I didn't like him, I thought he was the usual character already seen in so many erotic books. 



I changed my mind the moment he met Mia.

Mia is the heroine, she is smart, funny and charming. She's friendly, the girl I would like to have as a friend. She has a determined personality and for a brief moment I believed she wasn't going to fall for Nick. But between Nick and Mia there is chemestry at first sight.

Beyond the undeniable sexual attracion Mia can sense there is something else, that maybe his attitude is only a way to protect his heart as she is protecting hers. But secrets are the most dangerous things that can put at risk their relationship.
I loved the secondary characters like Jen and Aiden (please, please read their story in Torn!!) and Nat & Hugo (I'd love a book just for them).


Warning: the book ends with a cliffhanger. And this is the point where I always hate the author!

Terri George you're forgiven only because I don't have to wait to read the sequel (lucky girl!)


Book language: British! Blimey, it's bloody brilliant! 




 

 

From a small child I have loved to lose myself in stories. I’m a firm believer that if heaven exists, it contains every novel ever written and has big squishy sofas to curl up on and read for all eternity.

My comedy play, The Magazine was performed at The Bush Theatre in London and my poetry has been published in several anthologies. However, what I really wanted to write were novels. With several unfinished manuscripts languishing in the depths of my computer’s hard drive, it was my discovery of Erotic Romance that led me to the realisation this is the genre I should be writing.

As English as they come, I couldn’t survive without tea. From Aerosmith to Rachmaninov, my taste in music is best described as eclectic. And I make a mean chocolate cake.

I currently live in London, England, but dream of moving to the coast. A long held desire I really hope to fulfil one day.

If you’d like to contact me, come find me on Facebook – I’m on every day. I LOVE Facebook! The FB icon will take you to my FB Page or click here to friend me on my FB profile.

Follow me on Twitter @TerriGauthor

And you can email me at: TerriGeorgeAuthor@yahoo.co.uk

1 commento:

  1. Intriguing. I don't like those alpha types usually, though mostly there is something more to them than just that. off to read the review of the next one (I HATE cliffhangers but when they are readily available it's not that bad ;)

    RispondiElimina