martedì 3 gennaio 2017

NEW RELEASE & BLOG REVIEW: Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen






















TITLE: Hard HitterSERIES: Brooklyn Bruisers #2AUTHOR: Sarina BowenPUBLICATION: January 3rd 2017
MY RATING: 5 STARS



He’s a fighter in the rink, but he’s about to learn that playing nice can help you score... 



As team captain and enforcer, Patrick O'Doul puts the bruise in the Brooklyn Bruisers. But after years of hard hits, O'Doul is feeling the burn, both physically and mentally. He conceals his pain from his coach and trainers, but when his chronic hip injury becomes too obvious to ignore, they send him for sessions with the team’s massage therapist.


After breaking up with her long-term boyfriend, Ari Bettini is in need of peace of mind. For now, she’s decided to focus on her work: rehabilitating the Bruisers’ MVP. O'Doul is easy on the eyes, but his reaction to her touch is ice cold. Ari is determined to help O'Doul heal, but as the tension between them turns red hot, they both learn that a little TLC does the body good... 





ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review



Another 5 STARS book from Sarina Bowen. I loved the story and the characters.

The storyline in engaging there is love, action and a bit of mystery.

I love sport in general but I'm not an hockey follower so I like to discover through Sarina's book this sport requires powerful skills and in some of its rules "rough" and hard. I like how Sarin Bowen get the readers into this sport not using too much technical words, but using her heart and passion to speak.

Patrick O'Doule is the team captain, the "veteran" and he fears to be dismissed for a younger player. Professional sport can be selective, insensitive, focused only to reach a specific goal disregarding all the other human aspects in the process. But the Bruisers Team is different, the bond between the players is strong but not always easy. Since the first book in this series I wouldn't have believed that Patrick "the bear", the unsocial, would turn into something totally different: sweet, friendly, caring. That's the power of love that can change people in better.

And for Patrick love has the shape, is personified in Ariana Bettini, Ari for the Bruisers team. She's the yoga teacher and physiotherapist of the team. Getting attached to a player is not an option for her. Her abusive ex-boyfriend has left her scared and insecure. She doesn't want a new relationship but the attraction to Patrick is powerful. With him she feels safe.

As their relationship grows some unfortunate events and potential scandal try to tear them apart.

Some nasty turns of events make the story authentic, touching real topics in the world of sport. 

And I was surprised (already told I'm not a hockey follower) and shocked to read about the physical and emotional toll a hockey player had to pay, I didn't know that an Enforcer is forged, not only in a player but in a fighter also. And every time Patrick was fighting on the ice I really feared for him.

So a great story, great characters and great sex... tantric sex! 

I loved the feeling of support between all the characters, teammates and friends. 

Nate Kattenberger, the Bruisers owner, is still a mystery to me and I really hope that something will happen in the future between him and Becca.

Sarina Bowen's writing style is unique, powerful and engaging, never predictable.
A must read! 



3 commenti:

  1. I LOVED this book, as I love Sarina's writing SO MUCH. I agree with you, I haven't watched Hockey and yet she writes it so well, I find I want to watch a game. With other sports novels sometimes I get lost and annoyed I don't understand it, here I'm actually learning about it.

    Patrick was beautifully portrayed, I too wasn't sure about him in the previous installment, but he simply SHINED. There was so much more to him than meets the eye, and Ari made such a huge difference in his life. In general I really enjoyed her character.

    I also can't wait for Nate and Becca's story!!!

    RispondiElimina
  2. I loved ALL Sarina's books. She's really great. Right now I'm reading GOOD BOY by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy and my husband last night wanted to kick me out of bed 'cause I was laughing too much! You should read it!

    RispondiElimina
  3. LOL! I read Good Boy and I TOTALLY agree, it's such a LOL novel! I was a little disappointed with the one before - US, I think I just had something different in mind than what it turned out to be, but I do love Sarina.

    RispondiElimina