domenica 29 gennaio 2017

BLOG REVIEW: Never The Bride by Charlotte Fallowfield

TITLE: Never The Bride
SERIES; Dilbury Village #1
AUTHOR: Charlotte Fallowfield
PUBLICATION: February 28th, 2017 by Charlotte Fallowfield

MY RATING: 5 STARS

Abbie Carter felt doomed as she clutched her bouquet and started walking up the aisle. Again. She felt like she was stuck in some kind of Groundhog Day wedding nightmare. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Eight dresses, most of them hideous, were already stuffed in her attic space. She had more bridesmaid dresses than relationships. Was she really that unlucky in love? She despaired of ever finding her soul mate and was convinced that if she packed away dress thirteen in her attic, she’d never get to wear the coveted white one and have her happy ever after.
That was until she locked eyes with one of the handsome ushers, whose wink turned her elegant and well-practiced glide up the aisle into a flailing Bambi-on-ice spectacle. Miller Davis was the first man in forever to make her heart skip a beat, as well as her legs turn to jelly. And, for once, her interest in a man didn’t seem to be one-sided. It was just a shame that the Atlantic Ocean separated them. Abbie couldn’t even make a relationship with her elderly fat pooch, Sumo, work, so what chance did she have with a permanent New Yorker? Her best friend, Georgie, told her to ignore the miles that separated her from Miller and to go for it, saying that true love knew no bounds.
Was Abbie fated to always be the bridesmaid, or would her wish for the perfect day with the man of her dreams ever come true? 
While Never The Bride will be a standalone story, it's the first in the Dilbury Village series of romantic comedy novels. All of them will be set in the quaint fictitious English hamlet in the Shropshire countryside, but feature a different village couples' story. 

ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review

Charlotte Fallowfield has once again exceeded my expectations.

Never The Bride is a Romantic Comedy at its best, funny, romantic and heartwarming. All good emotions, bottled up in a book.

I’ve laughed so hard at some point that my family thought I was crazy. And then I’ve cried, and smiled again.

I’ve loved Abbie Carter, our heroine, because she is not the clumsy girl I’ve expected her to be. She is quite the opposite: beautiful (even if she didn’t see her like that), very smart, funny, friendly and with a big heart. So big that she doesn’t even care that her unconditional love for her grumpy, farting dog, Mr. Sumo is not reciprocated.

And for each heroine there is an hero: Miller Davis. He’s gorgeous and very rich, but despite his money he loves his privacy and keeping a low profile. He’s not the typical Alpha man-I’m rich-I’m powerful. I’ve loved his sweetness and sense of humor.

Abbie is English, Miller is American, and it’s really funny when he misunderstands British words.

Never The Bride has secondary characters that have a leading role in completing the story. They are as important as the main characters. There is Georgie, Abbie’s best friend and Daphne, a sweet and wise old woman and Abbie’s neighbor. A well sorted trio, with such a strong bond that they are more family than friends. But in this first book of Dilbury Village series, the author introduces some other ones that I hope to see in future installment of this series like Lord Kirkland, Charlie, Quinn and Heath.

What makes this book so great are not only the hilarious scenes about a farting dog riding a train, horny dolphins, flying turds, Winnie the Pooh and pink scooter, but it’s the whole new world that Charlotte Fallowfield has create. A world named Dilbury.

The description of this little village and their resident are so vivid and real that it’s like to be there, to live their story, to breath the fine air of the British countryside.

I miss you Dilbury, I want to be back soon! 

3 commenti:

  1. Hey! how are you doing! I'm so happy to be back, reading reviews and interacting. I lost myself not only in reading but in life but I promise I'm back now.
    I missed reading your reviews. I read your review and then read the synopsis also the title says it all.. and THESE kind of books are ones I don't bother with. There is something sad about putting so much into the part of a bridesmaid. I don't like the turf at all. It puts the heroine in a mental position I dislike but since I read your review FIRST, I was really intrigued by the story, the characters and the setting. I'm actually considering it :)

    RispondiElimina
  2. Ciao Meital, it's been a long time! happy to see you around again. Thanks for all your comments, really sweet of you. And I like to know what you think about.
    I know what you meant about rom-com in general, but believe me this book is different.

    RispondiElimina
  3. Thank you! I"ve been around, reading, dealing with life but I just put on hold my social interactions on hold somehow. I barely go into Facebook and I was never active on Twitter or Instagram.. I guess I needed time for myself.
    This one DOES seem different that the usual Rom-Com or even the "never a bride" turf

    RispondiElimina