lunedì 24 ottobre 2016

BLOG REVIEW: The Trouble With Mistletoe

TITLE: The Trouble With Mistletoe

AUTHOR: Jill Shalvis

SERIES: Heartbreaker Bay #2

PUBLICATION: September 27th 2016 by Avon


MY RATING: 4 STARS






If she has her way ...

Willa Davis is wrangling puppies when Keane Winters stalks into her pet shop with frustration in his chocolate-brown eyes and a pink bedazzled cat carrier in his hand. He needs a kitty sitter, stat. But the last thing Willa needs is to rescue a guy who doesn’t even remember her ...

He’ll get nothing but coal in his stocking.

Saddled with his great-aunt’s Feline from Hell, Keane is desperate to leave her in someone else’s capable hands. But in spite of the fact that he’s sure he’s never seen the drop-dead-gorgeous pet shop owner before, she seems to be mad at him ...

Unless he tempers “naughty” with a special kind of nice ...

Willa can’t deny that Keane’s changed since high school: he’s less arrogant, for one thing—but can she trust him not to break her heart again? It’s time to throw a coin in the fountain, make a Christmas wish—and let the mistletoe do its work ...

 Copy of this book received from the author in exchange for an honest review

The Trouble With Mistletoe is sweet and heartwarming. Jill Shalvis has a way with words that makes her characters real, easy to relate to, like being there right in the book living the story with them.

Willa Davis is the owner of a pet shop. I loved her so much because despite her difficult and painful past she hasn't allowed it to rule her present, making the best out of it. She has been refused and now she is the one helping other girls to never feel that way. She hasn't felt loved and now all she wants is to share and give love. Willa is the friend you would want at your side.

Keane Winters has found his living in restoring houses and sell them on the market. He seems  not to be able to get attachated to one of the houses, nor to people. Let alone to one cat. He was raised by parents who didn't truly love him and he has built a "no attachment" wall around himself thinking that this will prevent him to get hurt.

I think Petunia, aka PITA, Keane's aunt cat, is the leading character in this book. I laughed so much seeing Keane interect with PITA. She is the trait d'union between Willa & Keane, and she is the one helping them to get to know  each other. She is the one who brings out the real Keane.

Both have lost faith in love, and trust is something that can only be earned. I liked how they put their heart at risk, I loved their insecurities and how sweet they are together.
I loved the bond that Willa has with her friends Haley, Prudence, Elle Finn, Archer and Spence, always ready to support and protect her.
 
If you want to read something sweet, romantic, sexy and funny, this is the right book.

I haven't read the first book in the series, and I think this can be read as a standalone as I haven't had the feeling on missing key elements of the story.

I will read for sure also the first book, waiting for the next one.

Jill Shalvis is an author that never, never disappoints me!

3 commenti:

  1. Can you believe I've never read a book by Jill before? Just recently I've realized how WRONG of me that is! I'll have to go through her book list and see what I want to start with though.. I don't want a long series to commit to. It's not the time really. and you know what, I just realized yesterday that I the authors I started going through their book list are mostly MM writing making my book list 90% MM. I don't mind because I enjoy those as much as I enjoy MF romance novels but I rather have more diversity. I think I'll look into Jill's list and see what I can add and generally look for great MF authors to pursue.
    I used to be "okay" with cats. I even considered having one but last year I had a "traumatic experience" with cats and mostly their owner who left me disliking them entirely. I can't read about a cat or see a photo of one without thinking about how it was to live with two of these creatures. I KNOW I'm overreacting, but I guess I'm not in the place (yet) to put that horrible experience behind..

    RispondiElimina
  2. Yes my dear you missed some great books! But it's never too late. Jill is worth it.

    RispondiElimina
  3. I'll do a run through her books sometime this week. If I remember correctly she has a TON

    RispondiElimina