lunedì 20 giugno 2016

REVIEW: All That Glisters by C.J. Fallowfield

TITLE: All That Glisters

AUTHOR: C.J. Fallowfield

PUBLICATION: May 30th 2016 by C.J. Fallowfield


MY RATING: 5 STARS





Hunter Donovan. He was everything I openly loathed, but everything I secretly desired.

Cocky, arrogant, and crude. When Hunter wanted something, he pursued, relentlessly, until he got it. And right now, I was his prey. The trouble was, I didn’t want to be added to his endless list of conquests.

Gorgeous, masculine, with a body made for sin. The most perfect specimen of male I’d ever set eyes on, and he knew it. The trouble was, I saw the pain he was trying to hide, and I wanted to heal him.

He wanted my body, but I wanted his heart.

Coco Barella. She was everything I openly desired, but everything I’d convinced myself I didn’t need.

Beautiful, sexy, and sassy, all of the qualities that I wanted in my bed.

Compassionate, loving, and perfect, all of the qualities that I didn’t need in my life.

I needed to pull her to me, but at the same time I wanted to push her away.

When the sexual magnetism between two people is so hot, it can scorch everything around it to ash, who will emerge from the flames victorious?

All That Glisters is a standalone novel, a spin off to my best-selling humorous erotic romance novel, The Temptress. It features the supporting characters of Coco, Dom and Hunter. You don't need to have read The Temptress to enjoy this novel.

ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review

Readers this book is a MUST READ. I wouldn't compare this book with others because All That Glisters is unique!

Hunter Donovan  is a gorgeous man who doesn't want a relationship. He's a manwhore, a man who knows what he wants and always gets what he wants.
Coco Barrella is a woman that doesn't see herself as beautiful or desirable. She had some awful experiences with men and relationships. But she knows what she wants from her life: a goods job and a permanent relationship with a good man.
Hunter and Coco can't be more different, one thing they have in common: they love their jobs and are really good at it!
"So, single?" he prompted as the cabin door closed, leaving us alone again. 
"I don't see what business it is of yours."
"I'm just interested to know if I have any competition."
"There is no competition regardless, as you're not in the race."
 And it's their job that will bring them to meet. A fatal encounter on a lift and their lives are shaken up. Throughout the book they will fight their attraction, but they are like a magnet: two opposite forces attract each other. 
She was no good for me, I was no good for her, together we'd just be toxic.

This book is sweet, romantic, sexy and humorous. The author has a talent to create characters that feel real, like they can be your real friends or neighbours or coworkers. They are not afraid to speak their minds. They have personal issues going on in their lives, but what can be a "drama" is always faced with determination and positive thoughts. The focus of the story is Hunter and Coco relationship, but they are so good characters thanks to all the secondary ones like Lulu and Dom.
In this book the dialogues and the witty lines are so well written that they have made me smile, cry and laugh.

I hated Hunter and then loved him totally, because love can shape everyone in a better human being. 
One thing I regret is not to have read The Temptress before this book, because of Lulu. All That Glisters is a standalone, but Lulu's characters has intrigued me.  


This book left me with so many good emotions. Life can really be better if you live it with a smile, positive thoughts and love. 




Enough heat to make the pages sizzle, romance to make you swoon, strong characters with depth and emotions to pluck at your heartstrings, and humour to make you laugh out loud. Roll all of that into one novel, or in C.J.’s case a lot of novels, and you have the measure of her books. Unless of course you count the odd twist she likes to throw in to keep readers on their toes. C.J. comes from the United Kingdom and is half-French. She lives in the wonderful countryside of Wales, surrounded by rolling hills, trees and fields full of sheep and cows. She is yet to find her Prince Charming, but lives with her extremely pampered fur baby, Pumpkin, kitten of mass destruction.


Links for C.J. Fallowfield:



  


Buy Links:


2 commenti:

  1. Thank you so much for a fabulous review, so happy that you loved it!

    RispondiElimina