lunedì 22 febbraio 2016

REVIEW: Torn by Terri George

TITLE: Torn

AUTHOR: Terri George

PUBLICATION: February 14th 2016


MY RATING: 5 STARS




What’s so great about Bad Boys? It’s time a Nice Guy won the Girl. And Aiden Byrne is a Nice Guy.
They’ve flirted for months and he’s finally got the girl of his dreams. Queue H.E.A.
But nothing’s that simple in life or love.
Jen’s been hurt once and doesn’t intend to repeat the experience so keeps her heart at a safe distance from any man.
Aiden knows he’ll have to work hard to win her trust and her heart, but just when he seems to be breaking down Jen’s defences, life throws a curve ball no one was expecting.
Aiden’s TORN between doing what’s right and doing what makes him happy.
Will he make the right choice?
Will he and Jen get their Happy Ever After ending?


 ARC received in exchange for an honest review (Thanks!!!)

I'd start saying that TORN is the first book of Terri George I read. I keep hearing  and reading great things about the Frost Trilogy but never had time to read it. But the author assured me that this could be read as a standalone.
And indeed this could be, but at the end I know I've missed other great stories. 
I can define TORN a challange. English isn't my native language and I'm used to american english, so this book got me off balance. It's so so so British that it was hard, challenging and fun to read. And I definitely learned new words! 
What I liked about this book? Everything! 

The hero: Aiden. For once there is a Mr. Nice Guy in a book. Nice and sexy. He's gorgeous, rich, smart, confidend, but he has this "nice" side that is so sweet, a gentleman! Can you belive a man like this had had only few (and by few I mean only 3!) women in his life? That's Aiden. And after few pages I was in love!
Aiden is not happy in his relationship with Shioban and he dumps her just to have a chance to be with the woman he likes and wants, Jen.
"Not that I couldn’t have had my share of one night stands, but that’s not my style. Call me a naive fool, but I want something meaningful, something that lasts a lifetime. And in the end, isn’t that what we all want? Deep down."
The heroine: Jen. She's brillant, strong, she is florist and she has built her bussiness on her own. Nothing was easy in her life, hurt more that once by men (even her father) she keeps them at arms lenght. She's stubborn and has a witty and dirty mouth. Her inner dialogues made me laugh out loud. 
"Another day, another stunning suit adorning his gorgeous bod. Charcoal grey this time over a black shirt, the top two buttons open revealing a tantalising glimpse of the hairs on his chest. God he looks lickable. Seriously, forget about dinner. Him I could eat him with a spoon."
Aiden is looking for a long term relationship, Jen is looking for fun. But both, at the end, are looking for the same thing: LOVE! 
The chemistry between them is explosive, but some turns in the story made me want to slap Jen or Aiden (even the author) in their heads. 
"The air sparks between us as we hold each other’s gaze. And I feel like I’m on a precipice, about to step off the edge and tumble into a bottomless well the exact blue of her eyes. A void so deep I may never be able to climb out."

This book is sweet, sexy and funny and it has great secondary characters. Mia and Nick are the perfect match to complete the storyline. I feel bad to haven't read their book, I know it has to be great. 

At the beginning the author provides a glossary for some British words, that is really helpful.

A Highly recommended book. 






 












 

I’m a born and bred Londoner who dreams of living by the sea.
From a small child I have loved to lose myself in stories. I’m a firm believer that if heaven exists, it contains every novel ever written and has big squishy sofas to curl up on and read for all eternity.
My comedy play, The Magazine was performed at The Bush Theatre in London and my poetry has been published in several anthologies. However, what I really wanted to write were novels. With several unfinished manuscripts languishing in the depths of my computer’s hard drive, it was my discovery of Erotic Romance that led me to the realisation this is the genre I should be writing.
As English as they come, I couldn’t survive without tea. From Aerosmith to Rachmaninov, my taste in music is best described as eclectic. And I make a mean chocolate cake.
I currently live in London, England, but dream of moving to the coast. A long held desire I really hope to fulfil one day.
Beguiled, the first book in my Frost Trilogy was published at the end of July 2014. Book 2, In Too Deep released in April 2015 and book 3, Letting Go in August 2015. And Frost Trilogy is also available in a box set.
I had an absolute blast writing Frost Trilogy and hope you enjoy it. I realise the colloquial dialogue and British idioms may be new to some readers, but Mia is English and she speaks with a definite English voice – I couldn’t have written my feisty, intelligent, well-read heroine any other way. Maybe I should have included a glossary of terms! LOL
The Frost Trilogy spin off novel, TORN about Mia and Nick’s best friends, Jen & Aiden is all set for release on Valentine’s Day 2016.
If you’d like to contact me, come find me on Facebook – I’m on every day. I LOVE Facebook! The FB icon will take you to my Page or click here to friend me on my FB profile. Follow me on Twitter @TerriGauthor And you can email me at: terrigeorgeauthor@yahoo.co.uk

1 commento:

  1. Sounds great! I haven't read anything by her either. I have a favorite British author - Garrett Leigh. It's funny reading their slang. I also really enjoy the setting, it's somehow different. I'll look for book by this author. Though as usual I'm not sure when I'll actually get to it ;)

    RispondiElimina