mercoledì 6 gennaio 2016

REVIEW BLOG TOUR: Never Tear Us Apart by Monica Murphy


Review Tour of NEVER TEAR US APART by Monica Murphy!


Title: Never Tear Us Apart
Author Name: Monica Murphy
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Bantam January 5, 2016

Crazy how eight years can disappear in an instant. One look at Katie Watts, and I'm a fifteen-year-old again--the one who risked everything to save a terrified girl from her twisted kidnapper. She's grown-up now--beautiful, quiet, composed--and telling her story to the world. A story that involves me in more ways than you can imagine. She used to call me her guardian angel. Sure, I risked my life, but she was worth dying for.

I need to make contact with her. Just to ensure that she's safe.

Somehow we reconnect. We become friends . . . but I want more. I want to make her mine. And she wants me too. Does she know who I am? Has she figured me out? Not yet. But she will. In the meantime, I need to make sure that whatever hold that animal had on her is gone.

So, yeah, I'm stealing these moments with her. Savoring them. Knowing, dreading, that she'll soon find out who I really am. And everything will fall apart. All because of that twisted, perverted monster sitting on death row. Her kidnapper. A convicted serial killer.

My father.


WARNING: This book deals with the rape of a child. If this thing disturbs you, please don't read it.



 
ARC Received from Wordsmith Publicity and the author through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
There was no better way to start this new year. Never Tear Us Apart is a great book, amazing, emotional, touching. A book at some point I'd have rather closed, and yet held me captive until the end. it was hard to accept that the story of this book can be real, that all those horrible things happen in real life. 
Katie and Ethan stories have broken my heart and almost scared me. I'm a mom and I can't even start to imagine that such tragedies can possibly happen also in my life. 
I loved Monica Murphy's courage to write a book about child abuse in such a beatiful way, in a context where beauty and love don't exist, where pain, fear and anger erase joy and happiness. 
"When you've already faced your death once, what do you have left to fear?"
The story is narrated from Katie and Will's POV, who give voice to the past, and from Katherine and Ethan's, who give voice to the present. The constant switch between POVs made the writing fluid and engaging. But the quality of this book lies in its emotions, in its cruel reality, in the way it touches your heart and mind.
I cried asking myself "How can a child, a human being, survive to such an horror, to be violeted physically, mentally and emotionally? How hard is it to lose your innocence when you're only a child and grow an adult? What kind of monster can do this?"
Katie and Ethan are the proof that survive and live a new life is possible. 
I loved Katie's strength, her determination to overcome her fears and not to see herself as a victim but as a survivor. Her healing process is long, it seems to take forever only to realize that she can't truly heal and forget, that the only way to move on it's to not allow the past to rule her life. 
"I've never felt truly lucky. I'm a survivor, yes. Never a victim-- God, I hate that word. But lucky? Luck is for those who narrowly miss a car accident or win the lottery, or get a job beacause the first candidate backed out at the last minute." (Katie)
Ethan (Will) has experienced a different horror but not less brutal. To survive he has buried Will and changed his name. But this doesn't change his past, doesn't delete what happend. 
Katie and Ethan share a bond so deep no one can understand and yet very undestandable. They are each other strength, the light in a dark world, in an existance that I'm barely able to imagine. 
"These are two people who are so deeply broken when they're alone, that they only make sense when they're together." (Monica Murphy)
At the side of Katie and Ethan's stories there is another reality: they are a target for the media. Beacuse the human being is like this: curious, starving to know all the darkest details, like there is somenthing good or funny to know and see. I don't know what is so compelling about this, but it's undeniable, fascinating.
But the victims have survived every kind of horror, they only want to forget, but the media are always there to remember, glamorizing abduction, rape, violance. Where is the line, the border, between information and morbid curiosity?
"Memories may fade, but they never really go away."
Never Tear Us Apart has left me with a broken heart and the mind full of questions. 
The end was not what I expected, but I know that I will meet Katie and Ethan again.
As this is the first book of Monica Murphy I read, I don't know if it's not a conventional romance for her, but I know that is definitely a MUST READ book!
I would like to say so many things about this book, but Never Tear Us Apart is emotionally overwhelming, and when I've closed the book I felt dizzy, speechless, with a broken heart. At the same time, however, I was full of hope, trust and confidence that even in the darkest times of your life there is always a light to guide you and an angel to protect you.


 ROAR - Katy Perry

"Now I just sound ridiculous, but I really do find power in words. Written words. Books and poems and songs. Since I've always felt like I have no power, I like to look for it in other places. That way I do feel strong, at least for a little while." (Katie)

 
New York Times, USA Today and international bestselling author Monica Murphy is a native Californian who lives in the foothills below Yosemite with her husband and three children. She's a workaholic who loves her job. When she's not busy writing, she also loves to read and travel with her family. She writes new adult and contemporary romance and is published with Bantam and Avon. She also writes romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.










Be sure to stop by Monica's Facebook Page daily for giveaways!

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1KzdZSa
Amazon UK: 
http://amzn.to/1R3zkuq
Amazon CA: 
http://amzn.to/1PNyi5N
iBooks: 
http://apple.co/1MoW1EJ
B&N: 
http://bit.ly/1j80Pon
Kobo: 
http://bit.ly/1MHt8GE
Books-a-Million: 
http://bit.ly/1OPM7ym
Google Play: 
http://bit.ly/1iL7y7T
Penguin/Random House: 
http://bit.ly/1Jo0Ut7
Add to your Goodreads shelf: 
http://bit.ly/1V9L80V

http://www.wordsmithpublicity.com/

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento