mercoledì 2 dicembre 2015

REVIEW: Breaking Hearts by MJ Summers

TITLE: Breaking Hearts

AUTHOR: MJ Summers

SERIES: Full Hearts #4

PUBLICATION: Published November 17th 2015 by Indigo Group

 

MY RATING: 5 STARS *****




Another unforgettable Full Hearts page-turner from MJ Summers . . .

Three years have passed since handsome, devil-may-care Trey Johnson betrayed his cousin, Cole, and left the family ranch in Colorado behind. Guilt-ridden, a reformed Trey has kept his nose to the grindstone and has done his best to distance himself from his reckless past. Now he’s shocked to discover that he is about to become a full-time father to his son, a child he barely knows.

Travelling to Brazil, Trey embarks on the fight of his life in order to bring his little boy home. Broke and very much alone, the last thing he expects is to find himself falling for Alessandra Santos, his son's nanny. The sparks between them fly, but is there too much at stake?

Alessandra, obedient daughter and top law student, always does what others expect. Whether trying to meet the expectations of her hard-nosed mother or the unreasonable demands of her employer, Alessandra finds it almost impossible to reach for what she really wants. But now that Trey Johnson has sauntered into her life, she will have to find her true voice or lose him forever.

Joined by the fate of a little boy, Alessandra and Trey must decide if they can find a way to open their hearts to each other or turn away from a chance at love. 


I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

To read a MJ Summers' book, for me, is like to buy a ticket for a journey on a rollercoaster. I stay in line, waiting, the anticipation building, and when I'm up is exciting. Reaching the top I can see the beautiful landscape, I feel good and happy. Then I look forward and I see the void, and the descent is frightful, makes me scream, I don't want to go down and feel the stomach in my throat! But when the journey ends all the scary moments are already forgotten and I feel happy.
In this book we meet Trey again. He'd betrayed his cousin Cole and his family. Now, after some years, he's a changed man: he has a degree and wants to find a good job to support his son, Tomas. But an unexpected news changes everything. Gabriela, Tomas' mom has died, and Trey goes to Brazil to take care of his son. He's scared, but he wants to take his responsabilities and be a good father and a better man for Tomas. 
At age twenty-four, he was preparing to start a new chapter in his life, one that was going to test his limits in every way.
When he arrives in Brazil, he finds out that Tomas' nanny, Alessandra, is not only an angel sent from heaven to look after his son, but she's also a lawyer. Alessandra's sweet, beautiful and smart, and she's willing to help Trey to get Tomas' custody. 
The attraction between Trey and Alessandra is undeniable and more time they spend together, more their feelings become deeper. Alessandra is scared to confuse her love for Trey for the fear to lose Tomas. Trey is scared to mix up his love for Alessa with gratitude. They will have to make painful decisions and go through hell before finding heaven and be together as an happy family.
"It's going to be hard, I know that. But nothing in life woth having comes for free, does it?" - Trey
"No, your're right. Nothing comes for free. Everything has its price." - Alessandra
Trey and Alessandra are great characters, strong and smart, and I loved how they deal with their feelings and conflicts, making the story real. As in perfect MJ's style the sex scenes are steamy. The storyline is very well written and developped and unfolds smoothly. It's a book about take and give second chances, about family love and never give up on dreams. It's heartwarming,emotional, a MUST READ!





3 commenti:

  1. Cristina,
    Thank you SO much for your beautiful review! I've been waiting with bated breath to find out what you would think of Trey and Alessandra's story.
    All the best to you and yours,
    MJ

    RispondiElimina
  2. Wow!!! Thanks, **my heart is beating fast** MJ, I feel honored.

    RispondiElimina
  3. I added this series (this book included) to my reading list, but not the immediate one (I had to remove a lot of books realizing what I WANT is not what I actually ACHIEVE.. so I aimed a bit lower this year). I have to say a book with a kid involved is always something I need to consider. I just stopped reading a series that was too much involved with family / kids in a way that really affected the relationship buildup.

    RispondiElimina