martedì 8 settembre 2015

REVIEW: HIM by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy













Title: HIM

Author: Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy

Publication: July 28th, 2015



MY RATING: 5 STARS

They don’t play for the same team. Or do they?

Jamie Canning has never been able to figure out how he lost his closest friend. Four years ago, his tattooed, wise-cracking, rule-breaking roommate cut him off without an explanation. So what if things got a little weird on the last night of hockey camp the summer they were eighteen? It was just a little drunken foolishness. Nobody died.

Ryan Wesley’s biggest regret is coaxing his very straight friend into a bet that pushed the boundaries of their relationship. Now, with their college teams set to face off at the national championship, he’ll finally get a chance to apologize. But all it takes is one look at his longtime crush, and the ache is stronger than ever.

Jamie has waited a long time for answers, but walks away with only more questions—can one night of sex ruin a friendship? If not, how about six more weeks of it? When Wesley turns up to coach alongside Jamie for one more hot summer at camp, Jamie has a few things to discover about his old friend...and a big one to learn about himself.

Warning: contains sexual situations, skinnydipping, shenanigans in an SUV and proof that coming out to your family on social media is a dicey proposition.







Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy have created the perfect book. Sweet, funny, touching, sexy, honest. I loved the story friend-to-lovers between Jamie and Ryan (Wes). They face their sexuality in different ways.

"The fact the he'd been the first guy I ever loved and the one who made me face some terrifying things about myself...well, all that will go unsaid." - Wes

Wes knows since he was a teenager to be gay and he is in love with his best friend, Jamie. Jamie would do everything for his friend even accept a bet that will push the bounderies of their friendship, and push Ryan to walk away from his friend, leaving Jamie with a lot of questions.


"Desire is chemistry. And in a biochem classe I took once, they taught us that all chemistry is just electricity. We're all just bags of charged atoms walking around bumping into each other.

My electrons went seriously haywire for his tonight, though. Particles collided." Jamie


When they meet again after four years it's time to repair their friendship. For both of them is the beginning of a new life.
The story has emotional scenes and touching moments mixed with humor that makes the reading flow easily
It's written in first person from both Jamie and Ryan point of view's and it was good as I enjoyed the feelings of each men.
Jamie and Ryan are hockey players, attractive, sexy, smart and friendly. It's hard to say who is my favorite. Each of them have something different but special at the same time and I loved how their relationship evolves becoming deeper.
And Jamie's family is amazing!

"I'm your family, babe." He take the phone from my hand and taps the screen. "And these crazy maniacs? They'll be your family too if you lei them. I mean, they'll fucking drive you bananas sometimes, but trust me when I say it's totally worth it."







This book is about friendship, love, family, trust and acceptance. In one word PERFECT!
HIM is everything I expected and so much more.
 

"Every time we kiss, I fall in love with HIM, and it has nothing to do with sex or lust. It's HIM."




1 commento:

  1. Totally agree! I loved this book, loved both Wes and Jamie, and yeah, I can't say who I love more either hehe
    I really hope Elle and Sarina would write more books together. Though I DO have to catch up on my reading of Elle's books. I just read her Off-Campus series (was that how it's called? the NA one..) but there are MORE out there and less time to read than I want! But hopefully October (my birthday month) will bring more free time for me to enjoy my reading :)

    RispondiElimina