giovedì 27 agosto 2015

REVIEW : Never Forgotten Love by S.M. Stryker

TITLE: Never Forgotten Love
AUTHOR: S.M. Stryker
SERIES: Second Chances #1
PUBLICATION: May 23rd, 2015

MY RATING: 5 STARS * * * * *

 


In this mature romance about lost loves, best friends and second chances author S.M. Stryker brings you the first installment of the Second Chances Series. 

Beckett was smaller than most boys his age growing up. This caused him to have little to no self-esteem while faced with the physical abuse he endured at the hands of his mother. 

His best friend Harlow, who’s not only beautiful, but tough as nails has been there for him since first grade. 

Unforeseen circumstances separated them with promises of always keeping in touch. Reminders of a friendship left behind, possessions taken away only lead to a friendship that was once the center of Beckett’s world. 

Ten years later, Beckett has the confidence and self-esteem to search for Harlow. The only problem is, she’s off the grid. Every day he thinks of her; every decision he’s made has been for her.      
Beckett is a 4 years boy that doesn't know what a mother, a family and love is. But he has his “Harlow Girl”, his little neighbor that gives to him unconditionally what he needs to grow up as a better man: friendship, love and a family.
But for Beckett all the good things in his life don't last long. Moving in another place with his foolish mother is the end of his dreams.
Ten years later Backett and Harlow have a second chance to start a new life together. For them, though, love comes with a price tag and they are willing and ready to pay for it.
I gave this book 5 stars not for the good writing, for the plot or catchy phrases. If I have to honest the writing is too much simple, the side characters seems to fall in love at the speed of ligth. But for me a good book is a book that gives me feelings, that reaches my heart, that makes me laugh and cry, that makes me think about life.
So any “techinical” issues are not for me to judge.
In this book I felt the heart and soul of this author, how much she is eager to deliver to her readers a true story, to share with them a piece of her life. And this takes more courage than write the bestselling book of the year.
Thanks Shelly for sharing with me a piece of you. As a reader I can only share my review.





4 commenti:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely review and for sharing my book on your blog! <3

    RispondiElimina
  2. My pleasure. Thanks to you for this heartwarming book ❤

    RispondiElimina
  3. Love your review! Yeah, sometimes it's about the emotions not the specifics, also I think that it has to do with the mood we are in, in general, that determines how we react to a book emotionally. sometimes it's just so RIGHT in what it brings out you tend to forget and forgive more easily.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Yes, you're right, also the mood defines my impression on a book. It's always a personal encounter between reader and book.

      Elimina