lunedì 29 giugno 2015

REVIEW: Stealing Second by Alison Packard

TITLE: Stealing Second

AUTHOR: Alison Packard

SERIES: Feeling the Heat #5

Published June 22nd 2015 by Carina Press

 

MY RATES: 4 STARS ****


Arc provided by Netgalley for an honest review


 

Katherine Whitton doesn’t purposely avoid men and relationships, but she doesn’t mind that side effect of immersing herself in her job with the San Francisco Blaze. Years ago she was betrayed by her one true love, and she’s never fully recovered, though she’s tried by building a new life in a city she loves.

It’s taken seventeen years for Tom Morgan to get over Katie—Katherine now. Sober now and faced with the incredible opportunity to manage the Blaze, he thinks he’ll finally be able to handle working with this beautiful woman without falling to pieces…as long as she doesn’t get too close.

A crisis with the team's star pitcher forces Tom and Katherine to put in long hours together. Years of animosity melt away as the sexual tension between them ignites. But it’ll take more than scorching kisses to avoid the wreckage of the past. And neither Tom nor Katie are sure they’re ready to trust each other or risk their hearts for a second chance at happiness.

With this book I thought to have made a big mistake. I don't usually start reading a series from the last book, but I admit I loved it even if with some characters I had the feeling they had a story already told. But this didn't disturb me at all, it made me curious.
I love sport and second chance romances.
Katie and Tom have known each other since they were teenagers and they fell in love in college. They have planned a future together, but their families torn them apart with lies.
During all those years they made a life by themselves, but they haven't forgot the love they shared and that is always alive in their hearts.
Working for the same baseball team, the Blaze, doesn't make things easier. Katie thinks Tom betrayed her and Tom thinks the same about Katie. Only seventeen years later they find out the truth. To reconnect each other and forgive their parents it's hard, but their love is so strong to overcome lies and betrayal.

Was that attraction enough to bridge the years that had separated them? Was the knowledge their parents had manipulated them into breaking up enough to rebuild what they once had? Or was that love gone forever, decimated by time and circumstance?”

Katie is smart, sweet, strong. I love the way she manages her job with determination and heart.
Tom, as ex baseball player is a wise manager that knows how a team works. At the same time is loyal, funny and sweet. Both of them have a great sense of humor. The sexual tension between Katie and Tom is steamy hot.

You said we can't go back and that's true. But I belive our past is the very reason why we can have the furture we always dreamed about.” - Tom

Of this book I loved that the focus was not only on Katie and Tom's story. I loved the behind the scene of a baseball team and the story about Trey, player for the Blaze, that I hope will have his book in the future.

A book I reccomend to readers who love sport and sweet romances.
I'm surely going to read also the previous books in this series. 





















1 commento:

  1. Sounds good! I'll wait for your review of the first ones, I don't like starting a series in the middle and anyhow the few months ahead I will have less time to read with the same amount of books scheduled as usual so we'll see how it goes.. ;)

    RispondiElimina