domenica 21 giugno 2015

REVIEW: Break In Two by MJ Summers

TITLE: Break In Two

AUTHOR: MJ Summers

SERIES: Full Hearts #1

PUBLICATION: November 5th 2013 by Indigo Group

 

MY RATING:



Book provided by NetGalley in exchange of an honest review
Thirty-one year old Claire Hatley is running from Seattle having just discovered that her live-in boyfriend has traded her in for a twenty-two year old hostess. Devastated and alone Claire must make a fresh start. She answers an ad for a chef at a guest ranch just outside Colorado Springs and finds herself face to face with Cole Mitchell, quite possibly the sexiest man to ever ride a horse. Common sense tells them to stay away from each other, but their attraction is not to be denied. He gives her a glimpse of what love should be, but just as she starts to trust him, the past comes back to tear them apart.

Join Claire and Cole as they embark on the stormy love affair of a lifetime.

(Oh...and for those of you with husbands/boyfriends, please tell them “you’re welcome” from MJ.)
First of all: thank you Rose (she knows!), without your post on Facebook I wouldn't have never read this book, and lucky me that NetGalley provided a copy to review.
I had ups and downs reading this book, but at the end I totally loved it!
Claire in her previous reletionship is competing with the super-model kind of woman, feeling that if she's not beautiful she's not worth the love of a man.Until she meet Cole. 
He is perfection: gorgeous, strong, self-confident, sweet, caring and a cowboy. The wet dream of every women (me included!). With him Claire is confortable, and she bocomes secure of herself and free to be herself. She is smart, professional and witty and Cole loves her like the way she is. 
Between the two, the sexual attraction is immediate and high explosive. 
In the first part of the book there a lot of hot sex scenes, but the author has the ability to make them steamy but realistic and emotional at the same time. 
Claire is sassy and she made me laugh and smile a lot.  
Two scenes are unforgettable to me:
- the first time Claire meet Cole's parents (I was embarrassed for her!)
"So I made pretty much the worst impression possible on your parents today" - Claire
"Well, it could have been worse, actually," he said, dipping a carrot in the hummus and popping it into his mouth. "You could have been smoking a crack pipe while I groped your ass." - Cole
- whipped cream and strawberry (women out there, after that scene you will definitely try with your partner!)
 "This is how I want to eat my dessert from now on." - Cole
"Sure, honey." - Claire
"Honey-we should try that next time." - Cole
So everything between them is perfect: love, sex, work. At 57% of my reading I was thinking: TOO MUCH PERFECT to be even real, not possible. I start having a sad feeling that something bad was coming.
"You know one of my favourite things about you, Claire, is how you enjoy the simple things. You never miss out because you are always open to life."
And here you go. 
End of chapter 15: When you want to kill the author 
"Christ, Claire, I can't believe this is happening," he said quietly. Claire sighed, her heart breaking. "Me too. I'm in shock. I feel like everything before was just a wonderful dream, and now I've woken up to a nightmare."
Chapter 17: When you want to strangle one of the character, maybe two.
Chapter 18: When you star crying like a baby and you family think you're crazy.
But an author usually doesn't want to be killed by the readers, so the story takes the right path, even if for Claire and Cole this means anger, pain, disappointment, betrayal and tears.
I loved the final chapter and the epilogue with a sweet HEA ending.
"She was different than the wounded, vulnerable woman who had found herself on the ranch last spring. She didn't need to rely on his being a good man. She knew she could rely on herself to be strong enough to love, to lose and to live on."
Still, the book left me with a big question: who is the charming and misterious Frenchman that Claire has met on the plane? I think he has a lot to tell. I hope he will show up in another book.

My dear author, I read the book and made a review, now I want my reward: the booklet with Cole's hot, steamy sex scenes.



MJ Summers currently resides in Canada, not far from the Rocky Mountains, with her husband, three young children and their goofy dog. When she’s not writing romance novels, she loves reading (obviously), snuggling up on the couch with her family for movie night (which would not be complete without lots of popcorn and milkshakes), hiking, Zumba and yoga (to make up for the milkshakes), swimming and camping (with lots of gooey s’mores and hard ciders). She also loves shutting down restaurants once a month with her girlfriends. Well, not literally shutting them down, like calling the health inspector or something. More like just staying until they shut the lights off.
MJ is a member of the Romance Writers of America, as well as the International Women’s Writing Guild.

1 commento:

  1. sounds wonderful! even with the disappointments or should I say heart ache.

    RispondiElimina