domenica 7 giugno 2015

REVIEW - Always by Kindle Alexander


TITLE: Always
AUTHOR: Kindle Alexander
PUBLISHER: Kindle Alexander LLc
PUB DATE: March 11th 2014
MY RATING: ***** 5 stars

SUMMARY:

Born to a prestigious political family, Avery Adams plays as hard as he works. The gorgeous, charismatic attorney is used to getting what he wants, even the frequent one-night stands that earn him his well-deserved playboy reputation. When some of the most prominent men in politics suggest he run for senate, Avery decides the time has come to follow in his grandfather's footsteps. With a strategy in place and the campaign wheels rolling, Avery is ready to jump on the legislative fast track, full steam ahead. But no amount of planning prepares him for the handsome, uptight restaurateur who might derail his political future.

Easy isn't even in the top thousand words to describe Kane Dalton's life after his father, a devout southern Baptist minister, kicks him out of the family home for questioning his sexual orientation. Despite all the rotten tomatoes life throws his way, Kane makes something of himself. Between owning a thriving upscale Italian restaurant in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and managing his long-term boyfriend, his plate is full. He struggles to get past the teachings of his childhood to fully accept his sexuality and rid himself of the doubts brought on by his religious upbringing. The last thing he needs is the yummy, sophisticated, blond-haired distraction sitting at table thirty-four.

MY REVIEW:

A book that gave me intense emotions like few books can do. Maybe because I read it at the right time. It has a perfect alchemy, as perfect in its imperfection, is the love story told in this book. A true love, pure, sincere, eternal. At the beginning of the book we meet the main characters, Avery and Kane, in a dramatic situation. From there the journey through memories begins, a long journay that lasts forty years, where Kane recalls his love story with Avery. There are wonderful memories as their first meeting, their marriage, the birth of their twin children, and then there are bad memories as Kane's  past and the difficult choices made out of love. I do not believe in love at first sight, but seeing the two of them fall in love like this was exciting. Avery and Kane are two soul mates, two different personalities, two different lives that complement one another. The book is full of many emotions, not everything is rosy, but the passion and the love that Avery and Kane shares, caught me completely. Always it's a book that takes you by the hand and guides you through life, love, family, rejection, loss and everything in between. Always talk about love and the things you are willing to do and sacrifice for love, how to find that one person that complete you, the person that allows you to accept yourself and let  go of all those things in life that have hurt you, making you look to the future with renewed hope. Romance and drama are mixed with skill and the story is never neither too sweet nor too dramatic. 
“I'm glad I found you," Kane said quietly, stepping back as Avery stood.
"I think it was more like me finding you, handsome." For Kane, the sentimental memories were so strong; all he could do was stand there as they held their babies, thinking about their lives, their future,and his love for Avery.
"I can't imagine my life without you," Kane proclaimed sweetly.
"Good. I don't want you to.” 
Beautiful and intense even the secondary characters. Paulie, the man who helps Kane after being rejected by her family. A strong man that often can't hold his tongue. Kennedy, the mother of Avery. Aristocratic, always understanding, is the force that keeps all together. And then the twin sons of Avery and Kane, Autumn and Robert. Grown without preconceptions they still face not an easy life. 
Always is a wonderful journey. I laughed, I cried, there were situations that made me think a lot about how the society has evolved from the 70s till today, but as yet we live in a world of prejudice and inequality.

“We're gay, we're in love, and we're married. It's not wrong. We're not wrong!" - Avery Adams
And what about the final? Heartbreaking. Intense. Read and re-read hundreds of times. The first time I thought it was maybe a little "unrealistic", but then I realized the true meaning: true love stands the test of time, Always and forever. 
 “I've told you so many times how much I love you. Please remember that every single day for the rest of your life. You are my everything, you hold my heart and carry my soul. You made my life better. My only regret was not meeting you sooner, so we could have had more time together in this life." - Avery Adams
“I love you, Avery. Always. You completed my life. You made me whole, gave me hope, made me a better man. For me, you were everything right in my life." - Kane Dalton

3 commenti:

  1. Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hey! I promised to come and check your blog (I'm from The Locker Room). I started with this post since I remembered I wanted to try out Kindle Alexander's books but I don't have any of them on my list so this will be the first!
    I've read a few epic romances with a long 20+ years together and I always find it touching in a way none of the "regular" romance novels do.
    Thanks for the rec :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks to you to stop by! See you in the Locker Room :-)

      Elimina